Sunday, July 16, 2006

New Products from Dell

Being a previous employee of Dell, I enjoy keeping up to date on the new products that they come out with every so often. The XPS series of systems really interests me because I was one of the original phone techs for the 1st generation of Dimension XPS systems. Here is some information and pics about these two systems.

Dell XPS 700
XPS 700
XPS 700
18.13" x 13.6"; 300 DPI; JPG ( 4.7M)

Dell XPS M2010

XPS M2010
12.77" x 11.87"; 300 DPI; JPG (3.90M)

If I could afford anything in the world (that would mean I would have to have money) I would purchase these computers in heartbeat just to test out the latest and greatest technologies.

Something else that I have recently found out about in regards to Dell is they are changing their rebates and promotions. For as long as I can remember, Dell has used a lot of mail-in rebates but they are going to change that over the next 12-18 months. They are now going to cut the prices on their products without using the mail-in rebates and make the process of buying a system a much simpler process.

To read the full article, go to CNET News.

I think that is a great idea. I worked for Dell for 3 1/2 years and knew their website quite well and it was still difficult to know exactly what price I was going to end up paying.

No comments: